SECTION 1 – WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 – COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
SECTION 8 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we collect from you directly can include your name, email address, mobile/landline telephone number, date of birth, address, your purchasing activity, your credit, or debit card or other payment information, and information you give us when you contact our customer services team, when you engage with our social media platform (for example by tagging us in a post on Instagram) or when you sign up for membership.
If you are using a mobile device and shopping with us online or browsing our website, we may collect your IP address or other device identifier, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other portable device information.
Where you are using a mobile device whilst in store with its WiFi capability switched on or have access to our free in-store WiFi, we may additionally collect your MAC address and location data whilst you are within the store. If you do not want us to track your device or use your information in this way, please turn off the WiFi capability on your phone or other electronic device within your settings.
We may, where we have a lawful basis for doing so, also collect personal data about you from third parties who provide us with additional publicly available information about you.
2. When do we collect your personal data?
- When you purchase products and services from us in store, online, or over the phone
- When you log into our in-store WiFi or have your WiFi settings switched on in-store
- When you join our subscribe .
- When you contact us or we contact you to take part in surveys, competitions or promotions
- When you contact our customer services team in store, online or over the phone
- When you engage with us on social media (by mentioning/tagging us or by contacting us directly)
To make our products and services available to you
We use your personal data to provide you with the information, products and services that you request or purchase from us (i.e. to complete certain tasks, processes or orders on our website or within our apps, take payment online (where applicable) and deliver your products or services), and to communicate with you regarding those products and services that you purchase from us and respond to your questions and comments;
We may also use your personal data to measure how satisfied our customers are and provide customer service (including troubleshooting in connection with purchases or your requests for services or when you ask us questions on social media);
For administrative and internal business purposes
We may use your personal data for our internal business purposes, such as enhancing our site, improving our services and products and identifying usage trends. We may also use your data to monitor the use of our website and ensure that our website is presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you and your device and setting default options for you (such as language and store location);
It is in our legitimate interests as a business to use your personal data in this way. For example, we want to ensure our website is customer friendly and works properly and that our products and services are efficient and of high quality. We also want to make it easy for you to interact with us. Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
For security and legal reasons
We use your personal data to:
- ensure the personal and financial information you provide us is accurate;
- conduct fraud checks or prevent other illegal activity;
- protect our rights or property (or those of others); and
- fulfil our legal and compliance-related obligations.
We use your personal data to personalise your experience with COSMETIQUE WORLD to:
- provide you with marketing material via SMS, post and email if you have given us your consent to this;
- process your registration details, account activity and purchase history to analyse how you shop and what you shop for. This may include information on products you have viewed, historical transactions and products you have added to your online basket. This allows us to provide a browsing experience which is relevant to you;
- in some instances we will send specific offers to our members based on their in store spend or on a special occasion such as when we know it’s your birthday;
- measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and our advertising;
- carry out limited automated decision making based on the information you have given us when we segment our database to determine which offers that you may be interested in.
We rely on your consent to send direct SMS, postal and email marketing messages to you as an member based on the consent we acquired from you when you signed up, as amended by you from time to time.
To personalise your shopping experience and improve our operations
We use your personal data to:
- allow you to create a profile on our website which enables you to purchase our products and services online without having to fill in your personal data every time you shop online with us;
- provide you with marketing material via SMS and email;
- analyse how you shop and what you shop for. This may include information on products you have viewed, historical transactions and products you have added to your online basket. This allows us to provide a browsing experience which is relevant to you.
It is in our legitimate interests as a business to use your data in this way and we do this in order to enhance your shopping experience with us. This allows us to help you find the products and services which you may be looking for and avoids you having to browse through products or services which are not relevant to you.
When we send you marketing material via SMS, and email, we will rely on our legitimate interests as a business, always ensuring that your rights are protected.
4. Who do we share your personal data with?
We will never sell any of your personal data to a third party. However, in order for us to provide our services to you, we share your personal data with our trusted third party service providers or our group companies, as detailed below. Whenever we share your personal data, we put safeguards in place which require these organisations to keep your data safe and to ensure that they do not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
Third party service providers
To fulfil orders for products and services
To prevent crime and comply with laws
We share your financial information including your credit, debit card or other payment information with third parties to ensure that your payment is safe and that your details are not being used fraudulently. This data sharing enables us to conduct fraud analysis which ensures that genuine and accurate payment details are provided to us for any purchase. We may share your personal data with credit agencies if you are requesting credit.
There may be other scenarios where we are subject to a legal obligation to share or disclose your personal data, such as with law enforcement agencies or public authorities in order to prevent or detect crime or fulfil a legal requirement.
Other professional services
We may need to disclose your personal data to our insurers where we believe that it is required under our contractual relationship with our insurance provider to do so.
We may share the personal data we collect with other organisations where those other companies share various operations and business processes with us ( ARKANA PL, ORGANIQUE PL, CHANTARELLE PL, CLARENA PL, NOREL DR WILSZ PL, BIELENDA PL all based in Poland ). We will do this in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, or because it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
Transfer of your personal data outside the EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
5. Your rights
You have a number of rights relating to your personal information and what happens to it. You are entitled to:
- have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way;
- access personal data we hold about you;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data;
- require us to delete personal data concerning you in certain situations where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it;
- request that we transfer your personal data to you or another service provider in a simple, structured format;
- object at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- object to automated decision making which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data; and
- otherwise restrict or temporarily stop our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
6. Changing your preferences
If you no longer wish to be contacted by us about our products or services, or for other marketing purposes, you can amend your preferences or unsubscribe by contacting us. Alternatively, if you have a profile on our website, you can unsubscribe by logging into your account, or simply follow the unsubscribe link on our shop website.
7. Security and retention of your personal data
Security of your personal data
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. We have implemented various strategies, controls, policies and measures to keep your data secure and keep these measures under close review. We protect your data by using encryption techniques and we use other safeguards such as firewalls and password protection. This means that your data is protected and only accessible by co-workers who need it to carry out their job responsibilities. We also ensure that there are strict physical controls in our buildings which restricts access to your personal data to keep it safe.
Retention of your personal data
What are cookies?
What type of cookies do we use?
Cookies can be in the form of session cookies or persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you close your web-browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiry date. We use the following cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and to see how visitors move around when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, such as greeting you by name and remembering your preferences. It also allows for live chat support during your browsing experience.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. These cookies allow you to share and send information to other websites.
When you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following types of information from you: Your internet protocol (IP) address, your login information, time zone setting, operating system and platform, information about your visits including the URL you came from, your country, the search terms you used in our website, products you viewed or searched, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and the methods used to browse away from the page.
How do you block cookies?
We may update this policy from time to time. Changes in technology, legislation and authorities’ guidance may require us to inform you of the activities we undertake where it affects your privacy rights. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.